Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Tom Cruise is f'ing nuts

This site has photographic proof.

Seriously, where does this crazy cult member get off telling other people how to handle their psychiatric problems? He told Matt Lauer that antidepressants just "mask" the signs of mental illness. "You don't know the history of psychiatry," Tom said. "I do." I give Matt mad props for not decking him in the face. And apparently, the Scientologists are backing him up on the psychiatry business. There's enough ignorance and stigma surrounding mental illness for someone as high profile as Tom to go around saying such stuff, perpetuating such feelings. It's often been said it's OK for someone to have diabetes, but a mental illness is seen as a sign of weakness. It pisses me off no end. Antidepressants have helped me and many other people immensely. Yes, I hate taking them. But I'm glad they exist. 'Nuff said. And I think it goes w/o saying that I won't be seeing War of the Worlds.

I had a great idea for a blog post this morning, and now that I'm sitting in front of the computer, I can't think of the mofo. Damn.

I'm kind of digging on the heat.
Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs