Friday, June 03, 2005

The week before vacation

Next week, M and I are going to Tampa Bay for my cuz's wedding and some much-needed R&R. As I mentioned, yesterday was our third anniversary. We had quite a dinner last night. Amazing food and service. I'm only in the office three days next week, so I'm scrambling like hell to get things done. I also finally met my mentee this week, as I detailed in this blog post.

I'm starting to feel better inside my head, but there are times I don't feel so good. Richard Carlson, the author of "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff; And It's All Small Stuff," says, "Become aware of your moods, and don't allow yourself to be fooled by the low ones." I try to keep that in mind. I am a happy person. Anxiety and depression occasionally cancel that out, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm mostly happy. I'm working hard on my issues, and sometimes that gets tiring. This vacation should help. A lot.

Happy weekend, everyone!
Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs