Sunday, June 19, 2005

Beauty and the Beast

Last night, M took me to the Foothills Theatre production of Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" as an anniversary gift. It was wonderful, although we were some of the few adults who were there without kids. Beforehand, he took me here for dinner. I had a great meal, as did he. I started with the Mediterranean salad, followed by the Chicken di Saronno. M had the sirloin steak a la Shorah's. For dessert, we had this chocolate cake/ice cream thing covered in whipped cream. Yummers. I've been eating poorly lately, and I need to stop that before I get f-a-t again.

I read a really heartfelt and great post from my blog friend Butterstar. Loneliness is such a universal truth, man. I've felt so lonely the last few months, and I'm starting to realize it's feeding into my depression. Gotta kick myself in the a-s-s to get out there and meet some new people. I have to work harder to overcome my natural shyness, plus the antisocial nature of my workplace. I wish my company had more social activities, like the book group we had at my old job. That's how I made and kept great work friends that made my time there bearable. It will all get better, and it's already starting. Just got to counter my negative thinking with the good ol' fashioned truth -- things don't suck.
Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs