Monday, November 05, 2007

Rockin' around the clock

So Saturday night, before I went to bed, I set all the clocks in the house back for the end of daylight-saving time. We both had to be up early the next day, so I wanted to make sure it was done. I wasn't sure if my cell phone would change automatically, so I set it before bed too.

Well, nervous about not waking up on time, I woke up in the middle of the night and called Verizon time. Turns out I was an hour off, so I adjusted the time on my cell and went back to sleep.

M wakes up the next morning and is freaking out about it being so late. He jumps in the shower and then runs downstairs. All the clocks are as I set them. M accuses me of screwing up, since we call the time again and it's an hour later than what the clocks are reading. So I set it according to what our good friends at Verizon say.

Thoroughly confused at this point, M comes up with the idea to put on the radio. Guess what? The radio says it's an hour behind -- where I set the clocks to. So Verizon, you were wrong. And so were you, Cingular Wireless. Thanks for messing with my very foggy head on a Sunday morning. (Have I mentioned I am not a morning person?) The upside is that we got some extra time to sit and read the paper before we had to run about for our Sunday obligations.

And speaking of obligations, we got an obscene amount of work done around the house this weekend. We used the crappy weather Saturday as an opportunity to:
  • Clean out the baby's room, removing four big bags of trash
  • Take two big bags of stuff to our church's bazaar
  • Steam the carpets
  • Tape up the room for painting
  • Paint two out of the four walls
  • Do all the laundry
  • Clean out the bathroom drain (thanks, M, for doing such a dirty job)
  • Take down all the Halloween decorations inside and out and put up the Thanksgiving ones
  • Start the Christmas shopping.
Whew! It's almost a relief to be back at work.

Labels: ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs