Thursday, March 06, 2008

Could coffee be worth $11K?

M and I are major coffee whores. There are usually a few pots a day brewing in my house. We also love gadgets -- hence the high-end front-loading washer and dryer we just bought, which have made doing laundry a joy. So when I saw this story on Slate about the Clover, a high-end coffee maker, I was intrigued. However, reading between the lines, it sounds like you're paying for a bunch of bells and whistles and get the same kind of coffee.

I know we've been through quite a few coffee makers, from a $30 basic model to a $100 Cuisinart Grind N' Brew (we always grind our own coffee). I can honestly say our $40 Mr. Coffee with a gold filter (a must) and a timer does the best job. Sometimes the extra money just isn't worth it.

Labels: , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs