Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Five years ago today

Our fearless leader gave the order to invade Iraq. As of March 19, 2008, we're still there, and more than 4,000 Americans are dead. And those who came back alive but need services, either physical or mental, have a tangled web of VA red tape to cut through.

Five years is a long time. When I started thinking about it, I realized where I was five years ago compared to now:
  • Married for only nine months and childless
  • Had bought this house less than six months previous
  • At a completely different job
  • Driving a different car
  • M was two jobs away from where he is now
  • He had not yet been diagnosed with lupus
  • My brother was engaged to his wife
  • My father was still with his old company
Five years is long enough. Time for the troops to come home.

Labels: ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs