Friday, March 21, 2008

Getting things done, maternity leave style

I'm coming to the end of my 12 weeks off. I go back to work on April 1, and that's no joke. For a Type A personality like me, it's been difficult to get into the swing of being home. I need to feel like I've accomplished something at the end of the day. So in addition to taking care of my son, here's a laundry list of things I've gotten done in the past few months:
  • Cleaned out every closet in the house and under both bathroom sinks, as well as the medicine cabinets
  • Got my eyes examined and made an appointment for a tooth cleaning
  • Paid all my outstanding bills
  • Given several bags of clothes, towels, sheets, formula and housewares to charity
  • Washed all of Boo's clothes and set up the nursery
  • Put away all my maternity clothes for Baby No. 2
  • Helped set up the third bedroom as an office
  • Learned how to use the newfangled washer and dryer
  • Cleaned out my car
  • Sold my dresser and the old washer and dryer on Craig's List
  • Gotten back in touch with my artsy roots, hitting Michaels regularly
  • Read The Best American Short Stories 2007
  • Set a date for Boo's christening
  • Gotten my house professionally cleaned twice (the cleaning people are coming back next week)
  • Went to a party alone and lunch with friends with the Boo
  • Got Boo his first round of shots (that was fun; I think I felt more pain than he did).
No wonder I'm tired.

And on a related note, in case you're wondering Boo is only getting up once in the night. He pretty much eats and goes back to sleep. Well, he occasionally takes the opportunity to puke on me. But mostly chews and snoozes. Rock on.

Labels: , , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs