Monday, April 04, 2005

Ever just think, ‘right on’?

It can be hard to find people and ideas that just…make…sense. You know when you’re talking to someone and they just “get it”? It's not tangible or definable -- you just know when someone's on your wavelength -- and you know when they're not, too. When I was in the world of online dating, my Yahoo! Personals ad said, “I want someone who just gets it.” So hard to find…now I have it in M.

Likewise, this Reuters article sums up my feelings on the pope and lets me know that I’m not alone in them. Look, he was unarguably a great man. As I said to my mom yesterday, all great leaders are controversial, because they have the guts to just say, “This is how we’re doing it. If you don’t like it, lump it.” But his death may mean much-needed change to an institution that desperately needs it.

And speaking of right on, my recent discovery that I have a rare personality type makes a lot of sense. I don’t “get” a lot of other people, and I’m an introvert who seems to be an extrovert. I remember telling people at my old job that I’m shy. They were like, no way. Yet I’d rather type than talk many times, a classic sign of an introverted personality. My email sig is a quote from Judy Garland (not that, in a sense, she should be giving advice): “Always be a first-rate version of yourself instead of a second-rate version of someone else.” I am what I am.

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs