Friday, May 27, 2005

I miss Shel Silverstein, dammit!

At home, I have a bookcase so crammed full of books that the back is falling off. I've been meaning to get a new oak one (this one is pine; my mom bought it at an unfinished furniture store and finished it for me herself), but I just haven't gotten around to it. I've read every book in that bookcase probably three times. And one of my favorites, even as a grownup, is A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein.

I consider myself an intellectual, but I'm not into epic poetry or ballet or opera or any shit like that. I love Walt Whitman and Robert Frost as poets -- how mainstream can you get? And I love me some Shel. This article made me realize how much I miss him. His stuff is funny and interesting and deeper than it seems on first read.

So what's on Christine's reading list right now? Women Who Think Too Much and From Panic to Power. Think I've been up in my head?

I did 10 minutes on the StairMaster today. That was a bitch and a half, man. My legs didn't want to work when I got off.

So looking forward to the long weekend. I bought myself some sandals at Bean to celebrate. I already had them in black, but I bought them again in redwood brown. They are sooooo comfortable. Yummy. I think we are going to open our Easy-Set pool this weekend. If it ever stops raining.
Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs