Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Singin' about the rain

With all this rain, M and I were thinking about the songs that mention it. Here are the 20 we came up with:
  • Singin' in the Rain -- Gene Kelley
  • Blame It on the Rain -- Milli Vanilli (sort of)
  • Rain -- Madonna
  • Let It Rain -- Amanda Marshall (one of my favorite songs)
  • I'm Only Happy When It Rains -- Garbage
  • The Rain Song -- Led Zeppelin
  • I Wish It Would Rain Down -- Phil Collins
  • Rain -- The Beatles
  • Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head -- BJ Thomas
  • Red Rain -- Peter Gabriel
  • Purple Rain -- Prince
  • Fool in the Rain -- Led Zeppelin
  • Rainy Days and Mondays -- The Carpenters
  • The Rain -- Missy Elliot
  • Rainy Day Woman -- Bob Dylan
  • It's Raining Men -- The Weather Girls
  • Don't Rain on My Parade -- Various, largely attributed to Barbra Streisand
  • November Rain -- Guns N Roses
  • It Never Rains in Southern California -- Albert Hammond
  • Rain, Rain Go Away -- Traditional

Here are more songs.

Any more to add?

Labels: , , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs