Thursday, July 02, 2009

Declaring my independence

We're about to enter one of the biggest weekends of the summer, the one surrounding the Fourth of July. My grandmother always says that after the Fourth, the summer is all over. It always pissed me off, but this year, the summer has not even begun. Yes, we've had rain rain rain, but I'm not going to complain about it -- it is what it is.

This year, in honor of Independence Day, I vow to work to declare my independence from:
  • Self-sabotaging thoughts. As the old music teacher said to his students, "You are better than you think."
  • My insecurities about being a mom. I am doing the best I can, every day, with the knowledge I have.
  • Toxic relationships, past and present. It's funny how old baggage hangs around. Time to be dumped.
There are more, I'm sure. Just always working to be a better person. It's a process, not a destination.

Have a great Fourth!

Labels: , , , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs