Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Like Tiffany says

The heart forgives, the heart forgets
But what will I do now with all this time?

Getting laid off is kind of like a breakup. You had a relationship, and it's been severed. You need to find a new relationship (i.e., job) but you need to process the loss of the old one. And that's basically what I am doing. I have my resume together. I've applied for at least 10 jobs in the last week. I've made a networking call as well as to the outplacement firm my company is working with. I've filed for unemployment.

And so while I am trying to keep busy, I always feel like there's something I ought to be doing but aren't. On a more fruitful level, I am helping M out with his business, but there's only so much I can do there. It's frustrating. It's exhilarating and exciting. It's terrifying. All this time. To do what I want.

But what do I want?

Labels: , , ,

Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs