On crappy weather days, we sometimes head over to the local mall's play area. Boo loves it muchly
, and I enjoy watching him love it muchly
. But I find a lot of thoughts go through my head as I stand there watching him and the other kids:
- Get away from that toy, kiddo. You only want to play with it because my son does.
- I wonder how many germs are in here? Better grab the antibacterial wipes and hose the boy down before we go.
- Umm, mother chatting with her friends and not paying attention to her kid? I know you need some downtime, but you might want to get him to stop smacking everyone in the face. He comes near my kid, it's on.
- Wow, my kid is well-behaved compared to some of them in here.
- I hope this is teaching him a bit how to play with other kids.
- I love seeing Boo so happy. How much longer do we have to stay?
- I hope he takes a good nap after this.
- They really ought to get a gate. That's the third kid I've seen try to make a break for it out into the mall.
- That mom looks nice. Hope she doesn't think I'm hitting on her if I make small talk.
- Is that a sale I see?
Labels: Boo, motherhood, observations