Thursday, September 01, 2005

M is home

Doctor gave him his walking papers today, along with a buttload of scrips. M is aggravated that he has to take so many, but hey, he's alive. That's good. He's with my father-in-law today, and I'll go pick him up after work, then we'll go to the pharmacy to get all his prescriptions. His lupus diagnosis is going to mean a lifestyle change, including no major sun exposure for him. The sleeping-with-his-dirty-shirt routine is getting old. I want my husband back. I am thrilled he's coming home, but at the same time I'm a little apprehensive about repeating the back-and-forth-to-the-ER routine. I hope to God we're well on the way to getting this flare under control.

So last night I was praying the rosary for him, and when I checked the aforementioned Web site, it revealed I'd been praying it wrong. I am supposed to reflect on the five decades of the rosary as well as begin with the Apostles' Creed, which I did not know. Damn, being a Catholic has too many rules. I haven't been to CCD in many a year, and I never remember learning this stuff anyway. I need to get closer to my faith, because I had many people praying for M, and it made a difference. I continue to pray that his health keeps improving.

And he told off his boss, who was giving him an attitude. I've never been so proud of him. :)
Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs