Friday, October 07, 2005

The countdown to 100K begins...

So much to say...

I own a light blue 2000 Ford Focus. Yes, you should feel bad for me. I previously owned a forest green 1997 Mercury Tracer, which I loved dearly, but I totaled it in a very stupid accident. Anyway, the FF is a complete and total piece of shit, in case I haven't already mentioned it on this blog before. However, the mileage currently stands at 99,735. M and I are going to Great Barrington for Columbus Day weekend, leaving tomorrow, and it's 115 miles each way from our home to the hotel according to Mapquest. So you know what will happen on this trip. The thing is, the POS is running rough, and I'm concerned about becoming stranded in East Buttfuck, MA. So what to do?

M is still itchy and miserable, and we think the Dilantin is affecting his sense of taste. He's also bloated, I think from the Pred, and he thinks he's "fat." We also had Chinese food last night -- hello, salt. Sigh. I told him to call the doc today. Please listen to me for once, M. You have a hard head.

This morning I got bagels for the folks in my office at the local Panera. I asked for my pumpkin bagel, because you know, I'm obsessed with all things pumpkin, being a fall baby and all. They fucking DISCONTINUED IT! In the middle of the fall in New England? Are ya soft? In its place, they have a cherry vanilla bagel. I will say it's quite delicious. I bought an extra for the trip to GB tomorrow.

And tomorrow is M's 33rd birthday as well. We're having dinner at the parents-in-law's tonight, so I will be rolling home afterwards. Gotta love her cookin'.

I am in no mood to work today.
Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs