Saturday, October 01, 2005

I love dogs, but not ones that bite

Was patting the infamous golden this morning, and he all of a sudden made this guttural noise and bit me on the hand. I couldn't get my hand out of his mouth. Holy shit, that was scary. I have a small puncture wound on my index finger and a drag mark on the back of my hand. I came into the house and yelled for M. I really thought I was going to pass out from anxiety. I called my neighbors, and they said he's up on all his shots, so one less thing to worry about. Christ. I'm debating on whether I should go down to the ER and get the bite looked at, but what a frigging way to start a Saturday! M wanted to go over there and put his hands around his golden neck. We'll just watch it, I guess. I cleaned it out good with hydrogen peroxide. I had been giving him beef bones, and the thought is that he may have smelled the meat juice on my hand. Still, he was behaving totally normally and then, grrr, bite. Yikes.

Tomorrow is the Lupus Walk. Up to about $930 in pledges. I'm so pleased with everyone's generosity and good thoughts.

That fucking dog bit me! I'm still in shock.
Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs