Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Do I dare to hope?

Things seem to be going OK with M. He's feeling good (although tired), and his hives are clearing up. Do I dare to dream about a normal life with him? Of course, I'm super-superstitious, so even typing that seems to be jinxing it. All I really want is normality. Not riches, not fame, even happiness falls down the list compared to that. Getting up each day and going to work, making enough money to enjoy life. And maybe get back on the baby-making kick.

This morning we saw wild turkeys congregating in Bolton. I just had to throw that in there. Yes, they are stupid and mean (and no, they aren't so stupid that they look up when it rains and drown), but I think seeing wild animals around is cool. Maybe my father-in-law can shoot one for M -- he's been jonesing for fried turkey, and he doesn't feel like paying $1.09 a pound. A few more weeks and they'll go on sale for Thanksgiving.

And speaking of animals, yesterday I stopped at a roadside stand in Stow to buy a white pumpkin (I love pumpkins, and I wanted a white one). I heard this mewing coming from behind a crate, and there was a teeny-tiny kitten hiding there. I started talking to it, and the lady behind me began to stare -- she thought I was talking to myself. Turns out someone had dumped a nine-week-old kitten in the road, and the store was kind enough to take the poor little thing in. I will never understand how people can be so cruel as to dump their animals. The happy ending is that a little girl whose kitty had been killed in the same road a few years previous came in and wanted to adopt the kitten. Just boggles the mind.

And update on the dog bite: The actual site of the cut on my right-hand index finger is tight and numb, but it seems to be healing nicely. I think I've figured out that I was feeding the bad dog beef bones, and he must have smelled the residue on my hand and gone crazy. My bro says dogs revert to the laws of the wild when they smell food like that. Still, his golden would never do such a thing. Bad dog!
Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs