Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Hives

M is still covered in itchy, disgusting, miserable, ugly hives. I feel so bad for him, and I'm trying so hard not to puke when he shows them to me as to not freak him out. Last night I drew him a cool bath and dumped two boxes of baking soda in there. He soaked for a bit and felt a lot better, but the hives came back. They seem to be moving around his body. What concerns me is that they are near his eyes. As I've mentioned, at least he's not an inpatient in the CCU, as he was about a month ago at this time, but he's still miserable. We see the rheumatologist tomorrow. I need to compile a list of questions for him.

Yes, I know it could have been cancer or something else that isn't as treatable. But this is still hard, even though it's not as hard as it used to be. M is miserable about not being able to drive. This morning, we hit a lot of traffic, and he was snapping at me in the car. He confessed he hates putting me out by driving him in. Yeah, I'm a nasty biatch in the morning, and I hate getting up, but I do enjoy our time together. And I'm getting to the office a helluva lot earlier. This is the way it has to be for now. I don't want him driving before he's ready.

In other lovely medical-related news, my dad is having a hernia operation on Thursday morning. I know it's just day surgery, but I went to see him on Sunday. He's hoping to go back to work on Monday the 3rd. I hope he, like my husband, doesn't push it. Sigh.
Overthink
Made by My Cool Signs